School Site Council
The School Site Council (SSC) annually reviews and updates the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) including proposed expenditures of funds allocated to the school.
It is comprised of the principal, representatives of teachers selected by teachers at the school, other personnel selected by peers at the school, and parents of students attending the school selected by parents.
The California Education Code requires the School Site Council to:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school
- Seek input from school advisory committees
- Reaffirm or revise school goals
- Revise important strategies and expenditures
- Recommend the approved Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) to the governing board
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA